Saturday, September 13, 2008

Everything happens for a reason

"Everything happens for a reason"

I hear this phrase tosed around all the time. For the longest time, I got it, but I didn't really believe it. I couldn't understand why people felt pain and suffering, why we had to go through losing the ones we loved, why saddness was such a common emotion in society today. But for me, the best explination of this is to make you realize. To make you understand what you have, to know that later down the road, it's going to be better. You're going to be a better person, because you have delt with some of these issues and have the experience under your belt. You're also going to be able to teach others about the experiences, and without knowing, help them to make their own decisions, whether that be to save them from the trouble that you may have gone through, or to encourage them to take the adventure. From my own experience, I am a girl from Cleveland, OH who wanted out. I wanted out more than anything, and took a jump at the first opportunity. Little did I know the next two years were going to be close to the worst possible thing. Now, I went through so much craziness. I was so mad at myself for hurting the ones I loved for something that turned out not to even be real. Once I got myself out of the bad situation (thanks to my Dad and my sudden strength) I decided to live on my friends couch until I found out if I was accepted to the Nursing program. I told myself that this letter was going to be the decision to see if I moved home or if I stayed. Well needless to say, I stayed. Got my own place, was living it up until long story short, I was planning on moving home that winter. Once my dad begged me to come home, it was hard to tell him that I was staying in KY but I wasn't sure why. Something kept telling me to stay, something kept pushing my gut to feel that moving home was the wrong decision. So I stayed. Next thing you know, I'm madly in love, changed my major, and plan on moving somewhere that has nothing to do with Cleveland or Kentucky with the love of my life one day. I like to look back, it makes everything seem so real. All the tears and pain that I felt for two years, all turned out to be exactly what I needed. If I would have never gone through that, I would not be the person I am today by any means. I wouldn't have ever met Keith, or have learned half the things that I did by going through all that. And I notice now, some know my story and ask me for advice on what to do. The only thing I can tell them, is follow your gut. You may not understand why you're doing what you're doing, but it will all make sense down the road. It certainly does for me, and I can't regret any part of my journey, because it got me exactly where I am right now. And I couldn't be happier. You have to go through rain to get sunshine, right?

3 comments:

Keith Roberts said...

SEE, if you never went through all that, then you never would ahve met me. yes indeed....i love ya...yup dop!

Proudest Junkie said...

I have always been a believer of everything happens for a reason, what goes around comes around, karma and all that good stuff. If I didnt I wouldnt know how to find meaning in so many things that occured in my life other then to consider them battles for my soul good vs. evil but even that would be happening for a reason. I mean the red sox finally won a couple world series because people in boston sufferred for 86 years, they have their turn now and thats ok, if them winning a couple world series gets the yanks 26 more, let them win 10. I wouldnt be friends with kieth if not for a chance reasoning of getting sober, wouldnt have been there for John when he got sober, and wouldnt have moved to NC and on the night that desiree and i first got together, I was supposed to meet someone else, if i did i wouldnt be close to as happy as i am today. Every little thing seems to have a meaning for it, although I cannot grasp humanity as a whole, and all the marvels of nature. One thing that is frustrating that I cannot grasp is reasons why some children are being born with major disablilities to no fault of thier own. What did they do and what is the reason? There are many inspiring stories of children overcoming odds, and they deal with these sorts of things much better then adults, for some reason but at the same time, kids that are born that cannot walk, talk, understand, have no emotion, barely a chance to live, what are the reasons for those situations? Personally I have never experienced that aspect of life so I have no understanding so please do not take offense if I sound completely ignorant. We are all God's children, and everything happens for a reason, so what is that reason? That is the only area i struggle with this idea of thinking. Good blog butterfly, keep writing and we all know kieth loves you, but a butterfly tattoo on the keefer????

Organic Meatbag said...

If everything really does happen for a reason, then I am afraid to find out why I keep eating crickets...